This time we interview the great Rom Whitaker, who has long been an inspiration for many of us, about some of his work in India with the Madras Crocodile Bank. Honestly we could have spoken with Rom for several hours, but maybe we'll do a follow up later. We also talk about recent news stories from April including crocodile bite forces, Cambodia selling off its National Parks to the highest bidder, American crocodile recovery in Florida, gharial recovery in Corbett Tiger Reserve, and more elelphant and croc interactions. Brandon updates us on some recent crocodile attack statistics, and we chat about the airing of the show Swimming with Crocodiles and a few behind the scenes tidbits.
Below you'll find links to the podcast and the main stories.
1. Crocodiles have the strongest bites in the world:
2. Cambodia selling off Botum Sakor National Park:
3. American crocodile kills dog in Florida:
4. Gharial in Corbett Tiger Reserve in Uttarakhand:http://www.subirchowfin.blogspot.com.au/
5. Nile crocodile bites elephant's trunk:
6. Fatal Attack by Crocodylus porosus in Jambi province, Sumatra:
7. Non-fatal Caiman yacare attack in the Pantanal on March 5th-
8. Fatal Attack by Crocodylus niloticus in Okavango River, Namibia on March 16th-
9. Madras Crocodile Bank Trust
http://www.madrascrocodilebank.org/cms/ [main page]
http://www.madrascrocodilebank.org/cms/join-us/volunteer/ [volunteer program]
kingcobra.two [at] gmail.com [write to Rom directly, he doesn't bite]